Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘TRP Magazines’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Lansdowne House, 3 - 7 Northcote Road, London, SW11 1NG, UK. TRP Magazines Limited is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England & Wales number 2728298. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Print terms and conditions
a) Rates are quoted exclusive of VAT and may be increased at any time upon 3 months' written notice.
b) In addition to the rates quoted on the Rate Card. If the Advertiser requires artwork, sketches, layout, photography or processing or other services or requirements (collectively 'production work') it shall pay TRP for the same, at the cost + VAT quoted at the time of request.
c) Copyright in any production work provided by TRP shall vest in TRP.
d) All gross advertising rates (except classified lineage and semi-display) are subject to a 0.1% Advertising Standards Board of Finance surcharge, payable by advertisers to help finance the self-regulatory control system administered by the Advertising Standards Authority.
e) Retail rates are only available to retailers who are not making references to brands, manufacturers' names or trade marked goods of any kind in their advertising save for merchandise available from a single outlet.
a) Agents must disclose the name of their clients and the nature of the advertising at the time of booking. Any mistaken disclosure or failure to disclose entitles TRP to reject or cancel the order.
b) Cancellations can not be accepted from Advertisers within 3 months of publication date. Covers and promotions are noncancellable.
c) Orders for next or facing positions can only be accepted subject to availability at the time of going to press.
d) The Rate Card is not an offer to contract. A contract is made only by the publisher's acceptance of the Advertiser's order and in the case of the Financial Services Act 1986 only when the copy is signed by an authorised person.
e) It is the Advertiser's responsibility to notify TRP within 7 days of receipt of any order acknowledgement if the booking details are incorrect.
Copy Artwork and Materials
a) All copy, artwork and materials ('copy') shall comply with the specifications set out on the Rate Card.
b) If the Advertiser does not provide finished copy by the scheduled press date, TRP is entitled but not obliged to repeat copy from the preceding period.
c) TRP is not responsible for corrections to copy after the scheduled date. Nor for key numbers.
d) All copy supplied by the Advertiser is held at the owners risk and should be insured against loss or damage; it may be collected after 7 days following Publication Date on the giving of reasonable notice. If it remains uncollected for 6 months TRP is entitled to scrap it. None of the above shall be deemed to have any other value other than the cost of the materials.
a) The Advertiser accepts that the Advertiser is a principal in law and accordingly warrants that all copy (and its constituent parts) when submitted to TRP for production and upon publication shall 1. Be neither defamatory nor obscene and comply in all respects with the requirements of the British Code of Advertising Practice and other relevant industry codes; and 2. Comply with and not contravene the requirements of (a) any act of parliament statutory instrument code of practice or regulation promulgated thereunder including any law of the European Community for the time being in force or applicable in the United Kingdom; and (b) any acts decrees regulations or authorities in those markets in which the advertisement (and in particular comparative advertising) may be assessed; 3. In the case of financial advertising comply with the Financial Services Act 1986 and other relevant statutes and regulations issued pursuant to statute or by any regulatory body; 4. Not breach any contract or violate any copyright trademark or any other personal or propriety of any person or v entity or render TRP liable to any proceedings whatsoever, wheresoever.
b) TRP is entitled in its absolute discretion to reject or exclude any advertisement submitted or previously accepted for publication.
c) The Advertiser will indemnify TRP fully in respect of any costs, damages or losses suffered by TRP arising directly or indirectly from the production or publication of an advertisement conformed with the copy instructions and/or approval given by or on behalf of the Advertisers or which is in breach of any of the warranties above.
d) Any complaint concerning the production or publication of an advertisement must be lodged in writing at TRP's offices within 4 weeks of the publication date.
e) TRP will exercise reasonable care in preparing and publishing an advertisement but if such advertisement is not published in accordance with the Accepted Order (other than through the act or default of the Advertiser) or pursuant to TRP's rights under clause 5(b) TRP's maximum liability shall be limited to the amount of any payment made for the advertisement. No compensation shall be payable for any error, misprint or omission which does not materially distract from an advertisement. TRP may (subject to clause 5(b) above) at the Advertisers request carry a further or corrective advertisement of a similar type and standard to the advertisement which has not been published in accordance with the Accepted Order in lieu of any monetary claim by the advertiser.
f) The Advertiser may not recharge a client for advertising space at an increased rate without TRP's written consent.
g) For advertising including a sponsorship competition or special offer, the Advertiser must provide all details when placing its order.
h) These conditions shall be construed under and governed by the law of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.